So this is it- you are buying your very first home. This milestone in your life is thrilling and exciting but can also be stressful, disappointing and exhausting. Since this is your first home, it should be perfect for you in every way. That means you have to brush up your knowledge on home buying to make sure that you are moving in the right place and you’re not wasting precious time in paying for your first time home buyer mortgage for your Calgary home.
Before embarking on your home buying quest, Tim Lacroix and his team of mortgage brokers would like you to consider the following:
1. House Type. What sort of house do you see yourself and your family living in for the next decade or so? Is there a particular architectural design you fancy? You have the option of moving into a single family home, a condo unit, a townhouse or a high rise unit. All of these considerations must be thought out before applying for a first time home buyer mortgage on your Calgary home.
2. Move-in ready or Fixer Upper? Fixer uppers are generally cheaper when it comes to monthly mortgage rates. However, getting the house to the way you want it to can cost some money and can consume a lot of time.
Move-in ready homes are perfect for those who don’t want to deal with projects. Taking the time to decide what type of home you want before applying for a first time home buyer mortgage will help your mortgage broker find you the best rate in Calgary.
3. Must-have list. Calgary Mortgage Broker Tim Lacroix suggests having a must-have list that you don’t want to compromise over. It’s your first house so you deserve to have the things you’ve been dreaming of. Take a moment to list down the things you want to see in the house. When it comes time to apply for your first time home buyer mortgage, your Calgary broker will be better able to work with you.
4. Budget. Obviously, you’re going to have to think about your budget. You want that million-dollar house but do you actually qualify for its mortgage? Talk to a reputable lender for an assessment.
If you want to increase your chances of getting the best mortgage deals, hire Tim Lacroix and his team. A mortgage broker can step in and give you the best advice on the right mortgage range for your current financial status.
5. Extra fees. That house may be under your budget but what about additional fees? Some houses come with HOA fees. HOA fees can be exorbitant especially if the house is located in a popular and posh neighbourhood. If it’s an old home, you might also want to pay for an initial inspection to make sure the house is in great condition.
7. Do you need a real estate agent? First time home buyers might feel overwhelmed with the tasks of buying a new home, so hiring a real estate agent can lessen the burden. Hiring a mortgage broker can make the process run smoothly as well, while finding your the best rate available on your first time home buyer mortgage.
When you’re ready to speak with Tim Lacroix about a first time home buyer mortgage for a Calgary home, he welcomes your call at 403-407-1244. He and his team are ready to make your dream of home ownership a reality.
First Time Home Buyer Mortgage Calgary