Below are the main takeaways of Tim’s speech.
When you hear “Doom” this we think of:
- Oil & Gas
- Housing Bubble
- Falling Canadian Dollar
The sky is not falling and it’s not Doom & Gloom!
When one door closes another opens. This is a great time to look at the opportunities in front of you.
STATISTIC – OVER 40,000 NEW BUSINESSES WERE STARTED IN ALBERTA IN 2015.
Opportunities that have presented itself for business owners within Alberta:
- Commercial Spaces:
- Increase in Available Space (more choice)
- Lower rent
- Re-Negotiate with Landlords (expansion, improvement allowances)
Just like housing market, purchasing a commercial property, likely pricing has decreased as well.
- Workforce Talent
Many talented people have been let go which are now available to business’.
Great time for individuals thinking that this is the time to take control and build a business. A door has opened and you’ve received the push… go for it!
- Affordable Housing
- Buyers Market
- There are some great opportunities to get into home ownership with decreased home values.
- Rates remain LOW
- Investors – great time to buy
Competitive interest rates on Mortgages, LOC’s and Financing
Fixed Rates are at record lows
Mortgages for Business for Self
- Plan Plan Plan – start Early
- There are 2 strategies for Business Owners for obtaining a mortgage.
- There are various lending options
This may be one of the best times to start a business…
Check out the other speakers from Samurai Speaker Series: